[Rcpp-devel] Question about using Rcpp to integrate C++ code with Boost Graph Library

Song, Won-min won-min.song at mssm.edu
Sat Jan 19 09:14:10 CET 2013

Hi,
I am a new beginner in using Rcpp with C++.
I have a piece of C++ code with Rcpp and boost graph library, and am trying to make a package with helps from Rcpp.package.skeleton() command.

When I try to install the package with Rcmd INSTALL pkgname (I'm running on windows machine), it seems that it is not recognizing the boost library by displaying error messages that it is not recognizing the header files from boost. I used the following Makevars.win file in the src directory:

PKG_LIBS = $(shell ${R_HOME}/bin/Rscript.exe -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()")
PKG_CPPFLAGS = -L "C:/Users/Won/Documents/Boost/boost_1_51/lib" -lboost_graph

C:/Users/Won/Documents/Boost/boost_1_51/lib is the directory where the .dll files live.
Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Is there something I've done wrong in Makevars.win file?

Thanks,