[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: CRAN package ConConPiWiFun

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 15 21:39:28 CET 2013

On 15 January 2013 at 21:13, Robin Girard wrote:
| Thanks a lot Dirk,  I discovered win-builder ... did not know about it.
|
| I think I fixed my problem while I discovered the use of function evalqOnLoad as in package RcppBDT .
|
| However, I have a remaining NOTE which appears with R 3.0.0 and does not exists on R 2.15.2 :
|
|   Found non-API calls to R: 'Rf_EncodeComplex', 'Rf_EncodeReal',
|     'Rf_formatComplex'
|
|   Compiled code should not call non-API entry points in R.

Indeed, in src/api.cpp, in two helper function that coerce to string.  Maybe
Romain can comment on this code?

| >From what I understood these functions are called from Rcpp.
| Is it that I missed something ? or will my package be accepted on CRAN with a NOTE ?

I am not sure. I have yet to hit such reports. I last updated my local build
of R-devel on Saturday, and CRAN has not said anything to us (and we haven't
uploaded anything lately though I was asked this morning to move on NEWS.Rd
into inst/ where it should have --- RcppExamples in this case).