[Rcpp-devel] Integrate xts_API for C with Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 11 17:34:26 CET 2013

On 11 January 2013 at 11:11, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
| Just to be fair it should be pointed out that C/C++ is not the only
| priority of the project.  Also there have been more user contributions

I truly and honestly love you guys and use zoo and xts daily. And even though
I use them so much (and have so much use at the R level) I haven't been
tempted (yet) by trying to milk the C interface from C++ code.  Whatever I
need was easily achievable via  as.numeric(index(someXtsOrZooVar)) and work
on floats.

But maybe the time is right.  Having Jeff's powerful iso8601 indexing at the
C++ level would be nice, for example. Wu Wush may have some ideas too.

| to the zoo project recently with Trevor Davis' ggplot2 interface to
| zoo -- subsequently further enhanced by Achim and I.  This was an
| important milestone achieved just a month ago as zoo finally has
| interfaces to all three graphics systems (classic, lattice, ggplot2).

Awesome.

| Additional contributions and unreleased code exist as well so
| improvements continue..

Well it's a C project so I will abstain :)

And you guys deserve some good old ribbing for the multi-year process
of moving code around :) Appreciate the stability though.