[Rcpp-devel] Integrate xts_API for C with Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 11 16:36:33 CET 2013

Howdy,

Thanks for bringing questions to the list, much appreciated!

On 11 January 2013 at 23:10, Wu Wush wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
|
| I have seen your post in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14274055/
| how-to-use-c-api-of-xts-package-in-rcpp .
|
| What should we do to generalize the include flag settings?

It's pretty early still here in Chicago and I'm at work so that has not seen
full attention -- but I already pestered Jeff over IM on this.  I may just
create a little RcppXts package that provides the inline plugin so that just
via sourceCpp() becomes a breeze too.  Give me a few days.

What we really need then is to lean on Jeff to export more of an API. And
that is a bit of an issue as code is moving from xts to zoo etc pp at a
glacial pace.  Gabor, Achim and he have been at this for years now.

Not all wheels turn at Rcpp speed ;-)   [ That is *sure* to get Jeff's blood
boiling to make maybe we will get an API ;-) ]

Exactly what type of access / use did you have in mind from C / C++?

Dirk