[Rcpp-devel] RInside error running examples after installing from source on Ubuntu 12.04

Nicholas Pezolano npezolano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:04:36 CET 2013

Thank you,

I've dug deeper into the problem as suggested my version of R is 2.14.1

                  License  Built      Status
RInside          GPL (>= 2) 2.14.1          ok
int64              GPL (>= 2) 2.14.1          ok
Rcpp             GPL (>= 2) 2.14.1 unavailable

so the problem is indeed not RInside but Rcpp

When i try to install.packages(  )
RcppArmadillo fails with non-zero status however,

RcppEigen fails with the error message
Error : package ‘Rcpp’ 0.9.9 was found, but >= 0.10.1 is required by
‘RcppEigen’

I helped to solve the problem by hopefully convincing the sys admin to
update the package list for R via the /etc/apt/sources.list file and simply
apt-geting the latest version

Thank you very much,