[Rcpp-devel] trying installing RcppCNPy with -std=c++11 (or c++0x) and failed due to incompatible number of arguments

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Feb 21 04:04:30 CET 2013

A big thank you to Gong, whose persistence paid off.

Yesterday I fixed one bug in RcppCNpy (where R_NO_REAMP was missing) and
today Gong found one bug in the platform test in Rcpp (where we tested for
LONG_LONG_MAX which is defined in climits which we do not include, doh!). We
now test for the variable actually defined in limits.h.

I added some scaffolding as eg a new function npyHasIntegerSupport() which
exports back to R.  So if you rebuild this version of RcppCNPy with
-std=c++11 (which, sadly enough we cannot use on CRAN) then you get integer
support too.  Oh, and for now you also need the most recent fix in Rcpp.

Once we update Rcpp on CRAN, this version will follow.

Thanks again to Gong.