[Rcpp-devel] Mersenne Twister in RcppArmadillo?

Yan Zhou zhouyan at me.com
Thu Feb 14 23:24:05 CET 2013

It runs in parallel does not mean it works correctly.

Simply increase seed certainly not avoid overlapping. The best algorithm that use MT19937 in parallel environment without overlapping has a complexity O(log n) AFAIK.

Second, R's RNG has a single instance within the whole program, which means your program does not work as you thought. There are obvious race conditions in your approach.

I suggest you google a little bit of how RNG really works before purse how to generate them in parallel. For example section 6 of the R's parallel package's document.

Best,

Yan Zhou