[Rcpp-devel] Mersenne Twister in RcppArmadillo?

Yan Zhou zhouyan at me.com
Mon Feb 11 13:17:52 CET 2013

I don't think it is that simple. Boost.Random depends on a lot of things. Pull in Boost.Random means pull in Boost.TypeTraits, Boost.MPL and a lot of other things. There is tool for extract part of Boost, BCP. I tried to incorporate Boost.Random into my own library once. But the truth is that pull in Boost.Random and all the results was not pretty. You also need to keep track update of Boost, which is an unnecessary burden IMHO.

Yan