[Rcpp-devel] How do I set the compiler flags for sourceCpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 27 04:51:42 CEST 2013

Hi Molly,

On 26 August 2013 at 19:40, Molly Davies wrote:
| Hello,
| How can I see what the exact compiler flags are when using 'sourceCpp'?  I'm
| trying to track down a crashing bug, and would like to be sure that all
| possible warnings are turned on.

Use the  verbose=TRUE   option to sourceCpp().

You can set flags in all the ways described in Writing R Extensions:
environment variables CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, ... set before starting R,
or even in R (via Sys.setenv()).

My personal preference, though, is via a file  ~/.R/Makevars   which follows
the format of R's own $R_HOME/etc/Makeconf.

Hope this helps,  Dirk