[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: How can I avoid calls to coerceToReal

Pratibha Rana prana at vertica.com
Tue Apr 30 17:19:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

MY application is performing really slow due to unnecessary calls to
coerceToReal from this line NumericVector ocol = df[j]. Here is a sample
of what I am doing. Is there a way to avoid the unnecessary overhead?
Please note that the data in df is float data.

           void  writeDataToPartitionWriter(DataFrame df, Writer
&res_writer)
           {

                 NumericVector ocol = df[j];
                 if(ocol[i] ==NA_REAL)
                     res_writer.setFloat(j, vfloat_null);
                 else
                 {
                     vfloat floatout = static_cast<vfloat>(ocol[i]);
                     res_writer.setFloat(j, floatout);

Thanks
Pratibha