[Rcpp-devel] Templated function that removes all the NA values

leo leodidonato at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:29:26 CEST 2013

Hi to all,

I was investigating a way to write with Rcpp a function that removes all
the NA values in the input vector.

And before doing so, I was playing with Rcpp, writing this function:

library(inline)

cppFunction('
  Vector<INTSXP> na_test(const Vector<INTSXP>& x) {
    return setdiff(x, Vector<INTSXP>::create(::traits::get_na<INTSXP>()));
  }
')

That works in this way:

na_test(c(1, NA, NA, 1, 2, NA))# [1] 1 2

How can I write a generalized version of this function, for example?

I've made an attempt (see stackoverflow related
question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15953768/templated-rcpp-function>).
It compiles but it doesn't work as expected.

Any suggest or example?

Thanks in advance,

Leonardo Di Donato