[Rcpp-devel] Cannot install Rcpp 0.8.6 under R 2.11.0 or R 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 12.10

Kirill Müller kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 8 15:51:29 CEST 2013

Hi Dirk

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mention that the context is "package
development". So:

On 04/08/2013 03:34 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Why on earth R 2.11.0?  And Rcpp 0.8.6? And why on earth on a current OS?
The first two -- to maintain compatibility with those ancient versions.
The last one -- because I'm so lazy and loathe working in a virtual
machine instead of my native environment. I guess I'll have to overcome
my laziness in such cases -- after all, setting up an Ubuntu VM is
really painless.

Cheers

Kirill