[Rcpp-devel] MatrixRow.h printout

Kevin Heins kaheins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 21:37:13 CEST 2013

I just recently updated to the new version of  R and Rcpp (I don't recall
the previous version of Rcpp that I was using, but it was several months
old; just updated from R 2.15.2 to 2.15.3). Anyway, previously I had no
problems but now whenever I try to something akin to:

some_matrix(i,_) = some_vector;

I get a ton of printouts, one for every element of some_matrix. I was able
to trace the issue to the MatrixRow.h file, and in particular line 168 (
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/html/MatrixRow_8h_source.html),
which I have included below:

166  inline int
get_parent_index<http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/html/classMatrixRow.html#a6df72f49acd56da5d2c7f5b02b943cd1>
(int i<http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/html/RcppGibbs_8R.html#acb559820d9ca11295b4500f179ef6392>
) const {
167        RCPP_DEBUG_4<http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/html/debug_8h.html#af50e920ce763c60d7cd54d164d80e6fd>(
"MatrixRow<%d>[%p]::get_parent_index(%d) = %d", RTYPE, this, i, i*
parent_nrow<http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/html/classMatrixRow.html#a0fb5b0b4294a7faf7be6a1dd2c7d522f>
)
168 Rprintf( "MatrixRow::get_parent_index(int = %d), parent_nrow = %d >>
%d\n", i, parent_nrow, i*parent_nrow ) ;
169 return i * parent_nrow<http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/html/classMatrixRow.html#a0fb5b0b4294a7faf7be6a1dd2c7d522f>;

However, I have no idea how to read that. Am I doing something wrong? What
is causing this printout? How can I avoid getting it?

Thanks,
-Kevin

Am