[Rcpp-devel] NumericVector Double mismatch when indexing an array

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Sep 25 22:44:59 CEST 2012

On 25 September 2012 at 21:08, Jeffrey Pollock wrote:
| I was interested to see if there was any real speed difference between the
| different methods suggested, and it looks like... there isn't...

Good move -- measuring is a good idea.

And yes: at the end of the days everything is just a call to the C-level R
API which supplies the values one at a time.  "Sugar" just hides some loops,
and unrolls (some) longer loops for speed.  It's easier to read and maintain
(we think) but not automagically faster.