[Rcpp-devel] Errors inside RInside

David Ibarra Gómez dibarra at aqualogy.net
Mon Sep 17 10:20:10 CEST 2012

Hello,

                I am using RInside with MPI. I'm processing several time series in parallel (linear regresion and other things). I get an error from R:

"Error in `contrasts<-`(`*tmp*`, value = contr.funs[1 + isOF[nn]]) :
  contrasts can be applied only to factors with 2 or more levels
Execution halted"

because of that the execution halts and due to this error the whole process halts (is not possible to call MPI_Finalize due to the sudden error):

mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 2243 on
node debian exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here)."

I am wondering if it's possible to get/launch an exception instead of an error.

If I get an exception instead of an error I'll be able to ignore/treat the failure for that particular time serie and process the other time series.

Kind regards

David