[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RInside_0.2.8

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Sep 11 23:57:07 CEST 2012

RInside 0.2.8 went to CRAN few days ago, with changes mostly aimed to
solidify the Windows build and deployment (and small fixes like getting rid
of configure{.win} by folding that code into src/Makevars{.win}). Unbeknownst
to me, Uwe had some conflicting settings for RInside's actual builds for CRAN
so what I busy testing and refining (via his win-builder service) didn't
fully apply at first.

But we got that sorted out over the weekend, and the binary now on CRAN (and
maybe by now on most mirrors) is fine. The check is simple: it ought to
contain libRInside.a for both i386 and x64.

Thanks to Uwe for his help in sorting this out, and to Dan for the initial
bug report (alerting me to a missing 64bit static library on Windows) and
several patient tests since.

All should now be fine; users on the other OSs were not affected anyway.

Cheers, Dirk