[Rcpp-devel] Speaker for an Rcpp talk in Dublin?

Marie Auger-Methe marie.augermethe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:33:45 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I'm organizing a session on high-performance computing in R for the
Dublin R group (http://www.meetup.com/DublinR/). The goal of the session
is to introduce different R packages that allow to increase performance.
I really want to address Rcpp during this session because I think it's
an amazing package!

I was wondering whether there was any pro-efficient Rcpp user/developer
living in Dublin that would be willing to give a 30 min introductory
talk on Rcpp. The audience would be diverse, ranging from R newbies to R
"pros" who work in varied fields (e.g. statistics, ecology, medical
research, astronomy).

The tentative date is December 6th but we are extremely flexible in
terms of dates! You can contact me directly at: marie.augermethe at gmail.com

I wasn't sure whether such post is acceptable on the list and I'm
extremely sorry if it is not.

Sincerely,

Marie Auger-Methe