[Rcpp-devel] R vectorisation vs. C++ vectorisation

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 20 16:57:37 CET 2012

On 20 November 2012 at 09:40, Douglas Bates wrote:
| I'd reply to your questions that yes Sebastian Villemot and Elliot Saba are
| working on the Debian packaging (last weekend there was a big commit that
| reorganized the files to facilitate this) and Jeff has announced comprehensions
| on distributed arrays, although I haven't tried using it yet.

Yes, I had a few emails with Sebastian. His focus is only Debian-only, and
he'll use the debian-science infrastructure (and git repo).  When we emailed
he wasn't sure if/how/when/where PPAs for Ubuntu were to follow.  But once
the groundwork is laid that will surely follow.

| However, the list administrator has told me not to discuss Julia on this list
| so I won't :-)

That is sage advice which I can only second.  ;-)

Everything is of course coming fill circle as Laurent is also working on a
R-Julia bridge.

Choice is good.