[Rcpp-devel] setdiff

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 16 16:52:14 CET 2012

On 16 November 2012 at 09:36, Hadley Wickham wrote:
| > | I've been using (e.g.) http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/map/ a
| > | lot - it has plenty of examples, which is really helpful for getting
| > | started.
| >
| > It seems that site has a bit of an uncool reputation among the cognoscenti on SO.
|
| So you're saying it's good? ;)

No I wasn't referring to the SO trolls. They do recommend the site :)

| > I usually go back to http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/ which is what has been
| > there "since the dawn of time".
|
| I had steered away from that because I was a bit worried about
| non-standard SGI extensions to the STL.

I fear you have that upside down: what was long known as HP STL, then SGI STL
_became_ the standard STL, in fact now called C++ Std Library or something.

So this /is/ actually the reference implementation AFAIK. Not the greatest
site though.

And hey, if the cplusplus.com reference is good enough for Romain who am I to argue.