[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp "version" of R's match function

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 15 16:56:22 CET 2012

On 15 November 2012 at 16:45, Willem Ligtenberg wrote:
| No need to jump on me.
| I didn't know that Rcpp lived on R-Forge, but that is mostly because all of the
| info is found on your site:
| http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp.html

Well the problem is that

   a) we have too much documentation as you did not find this even on that page:

      edd at max:~$ grep r-forge www/code/rcpp.html
      href="http://r-forge.r-project.org">R-Forge</a> or
      edd at max:~$

      We obviously mention this numerous times, and Google does not exactly
      hide R-Forge and its Rcpp association either. Lastly, even the
      DESCRIPTION file carries it...

   b) we do not have enough documentation as users always manage for find
      something under-documented. Which is a given with the amount of code we
      now have, but difficult to balance with a) above

| I will gladly use R-forge for this.

Awesome!

I am just so _thrilled_ that we are starting to get patches as eg Christian
is working hard on sample().  Would be lovely to get more.

Please do ask here, and we know the topic gets technical real quick.

| (for the list etiquette I am blaiming gmail, it truncated the other
| messages...)

As you noticed I tend to shoot the messenger. It does intend appear that
gmail folds old code below.  So I now see my old mail here and get to delete
it. <sigh>

Gmane requires you to delete it which is not a bad default. But then Gmane
got on my nerves as it seemingly added a bunch of new email ids in the post
by Rainer.

Oh well.