[Rcpp-devel] Sample function(s) for inclusion in RcppArmadillo

Christian Gunning xian at unm.edu
Thu Nov 15 05:25:08 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> Thank you, got both emails!  Will take a closer look -- we were busy with
> releasing Rcpp 0.10.0 which will rock :)

Sorry, I posted to list from wrong address; 0.10.0 looks great.  I found
the copious informational links at the bottom of the announcement very
helpful.

Would this make sense "upstream" in Armadillo? Or do you want the R RNG for
> reproducibility?

I hadn't even thought of trying to push this upstream, but yes, exact
reproduction of R's behavior was a goal.

> Also, you may need to add RNGScope() if you use R's RNG.

Yes, I should have mentioned that in my post.  Calling RNGScope() is left
to the user, since multiple calls to sample() can conceivably happen inside
a single RNGScope().

-Christian

--
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal – Panama!