[Rcpp-devel] (OS X / 64 bit woes?) R CMD check failing on skeletonc Rcpp module

Michael Hannon jm_hannon at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 21:53:00 CET 2012

.

> I do not have an OS X machine, so I can't test this and do anything further,
> I am afraid.

> Try submitting it to win-builder.r-project.org which would throw another 64
> bit compiler in the mix.  We have had our share of issue with the older /
> deprecated g++ version on OS X so this could be related.

I don't know if this is relevant, but locally we had occasion to install the
g++ compiler for MacOS from fink:

    http://www.finkproject.org/

This was because there was some complication (don't recall details) in getting
the new Xcode installed on the Mac in question.

The version of g++ from fink installs as "g++-4" (to keep it orthogonal to the
one from Xcode):

  $ g++-4 --version
  g++-4 (GCC) 4.6.2
  This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

My point is that if the problem in question DOES stem from the use of an old
version of g++, it's a problem that might be relatively easy to fix.  Of
course, downloading the full Xcode stuff from Apple would also fix the
problem.

-- Mike