[Rcpp-devel] mzR and Rcpp - could not find function "errorOccured"

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jun 29 17:31:06 CEST 2012

On 29 June 2012 at 15:01, Neumann, Steffen wrote:
| Hi,
|
| the mzR almost always worked on BioC build machines.
| It was the users who had reported failures on their systems out there.
|
| So there is not really sth. we need to do on the BioC side,
| but to prevent users from messing up somehow.
| That's why I need to understand what went wrong where.
|
| Could it be that BioC changed the linker options for their official builds,
| and regardless of the Rcpp and mzR versions,
| you must not mix and match an Rcpp from before and an mzR
| from after the linker switiching ?

It shouldn't. The "beauty" of it all as that we are using C level interfaces
(as imposed by the R API) which generally stay stable. I can definitly use
old packages on Linux along with newer changing ones.

That said, I also know that Uwe rebuilds all 'depending' packages (and Rcpp
now tickles quite a few rebuilds) so even though "it should not" it actually
"might" depending on the flavor of OS you are running.