[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] Rcpp 0.9.11

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 26 04:02:03 CEST 2012

Rcpp 0.9.12 is now on CRAN -- it's somewhat of a brown-bag fix as I had
essentially left two empty constructors in Rcpp::Environment when making a
small stylistic changed flagged by clang++.  Nothing like getting an email
from BDR telling me I broke my own package as this slipped by all unit tests
and only got triggered when CRAN tried to build RInside --- which has a an
Environment as a member variable (using a default ctor).  Oh well :)

The announcement blog post is below; its versions with actual hyperlinks is
at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog

   Rcpp 0.9.12
   A bug-fix release 0.9.12 of Rcpp arrived earlier today on CRAN and is now in
   Debian too.

   This fixes a minor snafu with the Rcpp::Enviroment constructor following a minor
   change made for 0.9.11. It also reduces the number of unit tests running by
   default as CRAN was complaining that it took to long. I am not impresses---tests
   are for running, not skipping. Lastly, the cleanup needed to be extended to
   another directory.

   The complete NEWS entry for 0.9.12 is below; more details are in the ChangeLog
   file in the package and on the Rcpp Changelog page.

    0.9.12  2012-06-23

        o   Corrected Rcpp::Environment class by removing (empty) ctor following
            rev3592 (on May 2) where default argument for ctor was moved

        o   Unit testing now supports argument --allTests to impose that all
            tests are executed; otherwise some expensive tests are skipped. This
            is arguably not the right thing to do, but CRAN maintainers insist
            on faster tests.

        o   The cleanup script now also considers inst/unitTests/testRcppClass/src

   Thanks to CRANberries, you can also look at a diff to the previous release
   0.9.11. As always, even fuller details are on the Rcpp Changelog page and the
   Rcpp page which also leads to the downloads, the browseable doxygen docs and zip
   files of doxygen output for the standard formats. A local directory has source
   and documentation too. Questions, comments etc should go to the rcpp-devel
   mailing list off the R-Forge page

Cheers, Dirk