[Rcpp-devel] Specify include path with Rcpp.plugin.maker

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:13:01 CEST 2012

Hello,

how should be an include path for a plugin created by
Rcpp:::Rcpp.plugin.maker specified?

I'm using a library which is not in the standard path. I'm able to
specify -Wl,-rpath and -L options but I don't know where -I should be
specified.

As an example I used the GSL example from Rcpp-FAQ. GSL headers are in
standard path so everything works. But if I modify this example to use
gsl_rng.h instead of gsl/gsl_rng.h it is necessary to set
-I/usr/include/gsl somewhere. Only thing which worked for me is:

 Sys.setenv(PKG_CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/include/gsl/")

export CXXFLAGS or PKG_CXXFLAGS in command line (and than running
Rscript) or using Makefile="-I/usr/include/gsl/" (plugin.maker param)
didn't helped. I also tried
 myplugin$env$PKG_CXXFLAGS <- "-I/usr/include/gsl/"
but I got some R errors.

My platform is GNU/Linux, dist. Ubuntu 10.04.

Now I'm trying compile simple function only but in the future I want
to build some R package too, so I'm asking if there can be problem
with this also in this case (I didn't studied documentation for
building packages yet).

I think that some parameter is missing in the interface
(Rcpp.plugin.maker) or that the documentation is not complete (or I'm
just missing something of course).

Thanks for help,
Vaclav