[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp and inline, compiler configuration errors, windows 7

valentin.mansion at laposte.net valentin.mansion at laposte.net
Wed Jul 4 02:18:58 CEST 2012

Thank you Dirk and Darren for your answers !

I edited the path to redirect it to C:\R\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin (which comes with Rtools) instead of C:\R\Rtools\MinGW\bin (which I had installed manually). The examples now work ; I still have the cygwin warning but as long as it doesn't affect the results it doesn't matter to me.

For the record, here is a summary of the different steps I went through to run Rcpp and inline on Windows 7:
.R must be installed in a place that does NOT contain spaces (e.g. C:\R\R-2.15.1)
.Rtools must be downloaded (from CRAN), and installed in a place that does NOT contain spaces (e.g. C:\R\Rtools).
.The “path variable” must be edited according to the recommendations of the Appendix D of "R installation and administration"
-Either using the "path" command in the Windows Command Prompt
-Either using the RedmondPath software, which does the same thing in a more user-friendly approach
.The packages Rcpp and inline must be downloaded and loaded into R

Useful tips can be found on:
.The Rcpp FAQ http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/vignettes/Rcpp-FAQ.pdf
.The Appendix D of R installation and administration http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset
.Various threads of the Rcpp-devel list http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/rcpp-devel/
.This blog page http://tonybreyal.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/installing-rcpp-on-windows-7-for-r-and-c-integration/

Now I can begin coding the functions I need to use !

Thank you again for your fast and useful answers.

Valentin

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net