[Rcpp-devel] simple patch to fix stack overflow in RInside v. 2011-12-06 23:47:21

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 2 16:29:59 CET 2012

Hi John,

I am CC'ing this back to the rcpp-devel list where all RInside comments
should go too.  Could you follow-up on list as well? (Subscriptions needed to
post; else use gmane or nabble to post via web.)

On 2 January 2012 at 12:55, John Brzustowski wrote:
| Hi Romain and Dirk
| First, thank-you for a very useful set of packages which I am excited
| to start using.
| Second, below is a small patch to fix a stack overflow under Windows.
| The problem is that the myWriteConsole callback is recursively invoking itself
| via Rprintf.  With this patch, the programs in examples/standard all run correctly.

I test them all pre-release on on XP 32bit and they worked for me.  What is
your platform?

| Regards,
|
| John B.
| =========================================
| John Brzustowski
| Taylor Lab, Biology Department
| Acadia University
| 11 Westwood Ave., Wolfville, NS
| B4P 2R6     Canada  (902) 585-1287
| =========================================
| diff -r RInside/src/RInside.cpp RInside_patched/src/RInside.cpp
| 72c72,73
| <      Rprintf("%s", buf);
| ---
| >     fwrite(buf, sizeof(char), len, stdout);
| >     fflush(stdout);

I'll take another look when I am back in the office.  And maybe we could use
strnprintf followed by Rprintf here...

On which platforms are you seeing issues?

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx