[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.2.35 with Armadillo 2.4.3

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 17 20:54:58 CET 2012

Now that Rcpp 0.9.10 is out, we were able to follow up with RcppArmadillo
0.2.25 which depends on it.

With this version, Armadillo no longers uses std::cout by default but rather
the clever Rcpp::Rcout which Jelmer Ypma had contributed.  So now I/O from
C++ (eg Armadillo) and R are all well coordinated.  And R CMD check no longer
complaints.  All good.

This release also fixes two buglets spotted by Teo Guo Ci and Gershon Bialer
which affected more esoteric builds (with C++0x support, or with old g++) and
Martin Renner kindly ran some tests verifying all this. Thanks to all for the
help.

The NEWS entry is below.  I may add some on the blog.

0.2.35  2012-02-17

    o   Upgraded to Armadillo release 2.4.3

          * Support for ARMA_DEFAULT_OSTREAM using Rcpp::Rcout added

    o   Minor bug fix release improving corner cases affecting builds:

          * Missing semicolon added in Mat_meat (when in C++0x mode), with
	    thanks to Teo Guo Ci
          * Armadillo version vars now instantiated in RcppArmadillo.cpp
	    which helps older g++ versions, with thanks to Gershon Bialer
          * Thanks also to Martin Renner for testing these changes

          * Unit tests output fallback directory changed per Brian Ripley's
            request to not ever use /tmp

	  * Minor update to version numbers in RcppArmadillo-package.Rd

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx