[Rcpp-devel] RInside under Windows

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Feb 14 14:33:46 CET 2012

On 14 February 2012 at 11:08, Patrick Burns wrote:
| I'm trying to get the RInside examples to go
| under Windows 7.  It is proving to be exceptionally
| traumatic.

I am currently not near the Windows XP machine on which I made all the tests
asserting that yes, we're back on Windows. I heard from several users on 32
bit about their success.  I have yet to hear about failure on 64 bit -- but I
currently do not have easy access to one.

It did of course work on Uwe's win-builder, as well as CRAN's build machine.

| There are a few glitches that I've got past, but

It would help if you could detail what you did.

| now I'm getting:
|
| multiple definition of `_imp__ZTUN4Rcpp14not_compatiblE'
| multiple definition of `_nm__ZTUN4Rcpp14not_compatiblE'
|
| (with some chance of transcription errors)
|
| This is the same for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
|
| Suggestions?

Not really.  Which version of Rtools is that?

Anything unusual on your box?  I used at least one regular XP box, and one
virtual XP instance hosted on my Linux box without any glitches.

Maybe other Windows7 users can pipe in here...

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx