[Rcpp-devel] Compilation errors when building a package with RcppArmadillo code and using attributes

JJ Allaire jj.allaire at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 01:51:18 CET 2012

> The RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton does not work as I am providing a
> reference to a cpp file with attributes.  I get this error:
>
> Error in RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton("NewPackage", example_code =
> FALSE,  :
> unused argument(s) (cpp_files = c("test_arma3.cpp"))

Some additional insight: we plan to update Rcpp.package.skeleton to be able
to interrogate packages like RcppArmadillo for their packaging
dependencies. This will be based on the inline plugin system. For example,
if you call this function:

RcppArmadillo:::inlineCxxPlugin()

You'll see that RcppArmadillo can report everything that's required for
it's Makevars, etc. The inline plugin system is very general so all
packages will be able to participate in this (and won't necessarily have to
create their own package.skeleton function unless they want to include
additional example code).

For now, if you just call RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton with it's default
arguments and then drop your cpp file into the package src directory things
should work fine (note you'll need to remember to instrument a call to
compileAttributes at the appropriate time).

J.J.