[Rcpp-devel] Advice on installing CHOLMOD/Suitesparse

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Aug 30 23:29:14 CEST 2012

On 08/30/2012 04:14 PM, Douglas Bates wrote:
> It is quite possible that you would have gotten a buggy version if you
> checked out a copy of the SVN archive at some random time.  Making
> such a change is something I would tend to forget until tests started
> failing.

I can confirm that it is not a buggy version.  What it is happening is
that the pre-processor is seeing my Eigen 3.1.1 installation at
/opt/local/include/Eigen
instead of the RcppEigen 0.3.1 at
/opt/local/lib64/R/library/RcppEigen/include/Eigen

This must be happening because of the order of the -I switches...

# R CMD INSTALL RcppEigen_0.3.1.tar.gz
* installing to library '/opt/local/lib64/R/library'
* installing *source* package 'RcppEigen' ...
** package 'RcppEigen' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** libs
g++ -I/opt/local/lib64/R/include  -I/opt/local/include
-I"/opt/local/lib64/R/library/Rcpp/include"  -I../inst/include ...

Shouldn't -I../inst/include be first?  In src/Makevars,
there is just PKG_CXXFLAGS=-I../inst/include.  So, I guess that
should have been prepended to the CXXFLAGS rather than
appended.  Am I making sense?
--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor