[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 0.9.10 and cygwin 1.7.12-1

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 22 18:37:37 CEST 2012

On 22 April 2012 at 08:57, Dario Buttari wrote:
| Rcpp 0.9.10 does not install properly in R 2.14.2-1 under cygwin
| 1.7.12-1 due to the fact that execinfo.h is not supported under
| cygwin.

Well there used to be a whole slew of issues, as well as repeated outbursts
by a well-known R Core developer that Cygwin was not supported...

| Marco Atzeri provided a patch to the code:
| http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00346.html.
| I verified that the patch works fine. The patch is below.
| Would it be possible to incorporate the patch to the next version of Rcpp?

Already done as SVN rev3584, included ChangeLog and NEWS entries as well as a
THANKS file entry :)

Thanks for that patch. As you may imagine, the *BSD branches got there the
same way that someone worked it out and told us.

| R is now part of the standard collection of packages supported by
| Cygwin (http://cygwin.com/packages/) and it would be nice to be able

Nice, I didn't know that.

| to install R packages under Cygwin without the need for manual
| patching.

Yup. Thanks for the patch submission.

R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com