[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp version of DATAPTR

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Apr 11 21:54:28 CEST 2012

On 11 April 2012 at 15:32, Whit Armstrong wrote:
| Thanks, Dirk.
|
| one more quick q.
|
| Should I be doing something to prevent these warnings:
|
| /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/RcppArmadillo/include/RcppArmadilloConfig.h:64:0:
| warning: "ARMA_DEFAULT_OSTREAM" redefined [enabled by default]
| /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/RcppArmadillo/include/armadillo_bits/config.hpp:73:0:
| note: this is the location of the previous definition
|
| Or is this the intended effect of remapping std::cout to Rout?

That very much looks like either a very outdated version where Conrad's
definition is not #ifndef protected.  His (in config.hpp) should be

#if !defined(ARMA_DEFAULT_OSTREAM)
  #define ARMA_DEFAULT_OSTREAM std::cout
#endif

which it has been for a few releases.

Or you are including header files by force a second time, which we recommend
not to.  We recommend a single '#include <RcppArmadillo.h>' with which
everything is fine.   If you do include both, and in the wrong order, then
you are, as they say, on your own...

R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com