[Rcpp-devel] [OT] Rcpp CRAN usage milestone

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 8 19:50:54 CEST 2012

The CRANberries service [1] just noticed a new package 'survSNP' which brings
the number of CRAN packages having a Depends: or Imports: on Rcpp to sixty.

Which happens to be the exact same number that rJava has.  I have always
considered rJava to be a fantastically useful package for extending R, and it
has surely influenced Rcpp in many ways.

So I it is really nice to see that Rcpp appears to now be playing
approximately the same role for many of you reading this list here---so a big
"Thank You!" to all of you for your patches, bug reports, questions and or
suggestions.

It makes a big difference knowing that the little tool we hacked on has
become useful for more than just us.

Cheers,  Dirk

[1] CRANberries provides html for browsing, rss for subscribing in Google
Reader etc (see more at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/cranberries/), and sends
out Twitter messages aa @CRANberriesFeed.

--
R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com