[Rcpp-devel] Easy way to subset a matrix

Jared Murray jmurray.1022 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:42:03 CEST 2011

In a related vein, is there any functionality - existant or planned -
for "fancy" indexing (that is, selecting non-continguous submatrices)
a la

X = matrix(1:24, nrow=3)
Y = X[,c(2,4,7)]

As it stands I'd create a new matrix and loop over the column indices
to populate it. Not a big deal since my matrices aren't huge, but a
touch inconvenient & I'm curious if there's a better alternative.

Best,
Jared