[Rcpp-devel] Now 38 CRAN packages using Rcpp

Jay Emerson jayemerson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:32:45 CEST 2011

As follow-up note: package bcp is, at this point, only partially
Rcpp-ified (the interesting part).  I'll finish the conversion soon,
and will throw together some docs on the process.  It's only a small
portion of the much larger Rcpp world.

Jay

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> This mornings CRAN arrival of bcp, now rewritten to use Rcpp, brings the
> total of CRAN packages using Rcpp to 38.
>
> That is a pretty stunning number given that the rewrite leading to what Rcpp
> is today hadn't even started two years ago.  Thanks to everybody for the
> help, suggestions, encouragements, and of course contributions and bug fixes!
>
> My informal comparison was always to rJava, and we are closing the gap --
> seven more packages to go:
>
> R> AP <- available.packages(contrib.url("http://cran.r-project.org"))
> R> do.call(sum, lapply(AP[,"Depends"], FUN=function(x) grep("rJava", x)==1))
> [1] 45
> R> do.call(sum, lapply(AP[,"Depends"], FUN=function(x) grep("Rcpp", x)==1))
> [1] 38
> R> dim(AP)
> [1] 3268   13
> R>
>

> Dirk
>

> --
> New Rcpp master class for R and C++ integration is scheduled for
> San Francisco (Oct 8), more details / reg.info available at
> http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/products/training/public/rcpp-master-class.php

John W. Emerson (Jay)
Associate Professor of Statistics
Department of Statistics