[Rcpp-devel] repeatable random numbers

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Sep 2 00:55:43 CEST 2011

On 1 September 2011 at 17:35, Zhongyi Yuan wrote:
| On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|
|     Please do not abuse this list as a substitute for doing your independent
|     study and reading.
|
| Thanks Dirk and sorry for causing such feeling. That makes me guilty. Really
| hesitated before I asked...

No worries -- the list shall always be wide open for all Rcpp related
questions.  Please keep them coming.

But for simple 'why does my rng program return the same numbers' questions
that are not genuinely related to Rcpp, you may want to try StackOverflow or
other resources as these questions have been answers 10^4 times before.

Two new Rcpp master classes for R and C++ integration scheduled for
New York (Sep 24) and San Francisco (Oct 8), more details are at
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2011/08/04#rcpp_classes_2011-09_and_2011-10
http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/products/training/public/rcpp-master-class.php