[Rcpp-devel] Have I noticed memory management bug in RcppArmadillo or is this the intended behaviour?

Slava Razbash slava.razbash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:54:45 CEST 2011

Hi Dirk,

> i)  Not reproducible as I don't have 'learningMatrix.h'.

Here is "learningMatrix.h":

#ifndef _mypac_LEARNING_MATRIX_H
#define _mypac_LEARNING_MATRIX_H

 #include <RcppArmadillo.h>

 RcppExport SEXP fastLm(SEXP ys, SEXP Xs) ;

 #endif

Here is "learningMatrix.cpp":

#include "learningMatrix.h"

SEXP fastLm(SEXP ys, SEXP Xs) {

     return R_NilValue;
}

> ii) What is baseline function and how do you measure memory use?
>     Just by looking at top(1) ?

I have been using windows 7 and looking at memory use in the Task Manager.
If have been calling for() { .Call()  }  from terminal prompt, there
were no other functions.
I have not yet had time to try it on a *nix OS.

Thanks,

Slava