[Rcpp-devel] One main needs to call a few other functions

Silkworth,David J. SILKWODJ at airproducts.com
Thu Oct 20 19:22:42 CEST 2011

>> I have need for a few c++ functions. (One main needs to call a few
other functions.)  At this point, I don't need separate classes, just
the ability to have multiple functions.  (Coding up several separate R
functions using Inline would be ineffecient as the data would need to
pass between R and C++ several times on each iteration of a rather large
loop.

>> While this is trivial in C++, is it possible in R using the the
Rcpp+Inline?

>> --
>> Noah Silverman

I also share Noah's interest, to me the concern exists whether the other
function is in a package or not, how would a call be made to an outside
compiled object code from within Rcpp. This could perhaps have been
compiled in-line also.  But what about if it is indeed compiled into the
package dll?  How would this call be made?

My C++ skills are quite limited, after all I represent the riff-raff
that just hurdled the new "lower bar" to incorporating compiled C++ code
in R.