[Rcpp-devel] Compiling packages that use RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 18 15:09:45 CEST 2011

On 18 October 2011 at 22:48, Slava Razbash wrote:
| Hello,
|
| Could you please confirm/deny if I am compiling "correctly". The
| compiled package works, but I want to make sure that things are done
| properly and that I am not using a "hack" that could cause unintended
| side effects.
[...]
| It compiles and runs, but have I missed anything?

Well, how are we to tell?  Seriously, _you_ are the domain expert on your app
so you could and should add things like unit tests.

What you described sounds like a valid approach based on the
package.skeleton() variant in RcppArmadillo.  They key really is to get
compiling and linking down, which you did.  Now run some sanity tests on
known input and output data and enjoy.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx