[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Building and Installing an R package built under RcppArmadillo on Mac OS X

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 19:17:57 CEST 2011

To bring closure to this issue I may well have misdiagnosed at first, could
someone on an OS X machine please run the following

suppressMessages(library(inline))

fun <- cxxfunction(signature(M_="numeric"), plugin="RcppArmadillo",
                   body='
  arma::mat M = Rcpp::as<arma::mat>(M_);
  return Rcpp::wrap( symmatl(M) );
')

set.seed(42)
fun(matrix(rnorm(9),3,3))

My linux box gets me

R> suppressMessages(library(inline))
R> fun <- cxxfunction(signature(M_="numeric"), plugin="RcppArmadillo",
+                    body='
+   arma::mat M = Rcpp::as<arma::mat>(M_);
+   return Rcpp::wrap( symmatl(M) );
+ ')
R> set.seed(42)
R> fun(matrix(rnorm(9),3,3))
[1,]  1.370958 -0.564698  0.363128
[2,] -0.564698  0.404268 -0.106125
[3,]  0.363128 -0.106125  2.018424

and I would like to rule out actual OS X issue and with that pass the baton
back to Terrance as a presumably local issue on his box.

Thanks!

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx