[Rcpp-devel] Question regarding integrating preexisting C++ code via Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 11 16:07:12 CEST 2011

On 11 October 2011 at 10:53, Simon Fuller wrote:
| To be safe, I wrote a couple of quick codes that use the relevant includes, and
| these work fine when using g++ from the terminal, so I do not think that it is
| my c++ sources as such that are causing the problem, as far as I can ascertain
| myself.

Use cxxfunction(...., verbose=TRUE) and study the generated file as well as
environment variable (eg R CMD ... arguments) used.  Copy and paste these
arguments into a shell script to make repeated calling easier.  Then modify
the source to test suspected fixes.

Unfortunately, include order can matter greatly. And cxxfunction() has hooks
(via plugins) to include at different locations.

We cannot help you __on-list__ unless you post replicable code.

| Thanks again for all your help.

Pleasure, but as I said, you make it pretty hard to let us help you.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx