[Rcpp-devel] C++ code for ordinary differential equations

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 5 21:45:19 CEST 2011

On 5 October 2011 at 14:07, Douglas Bates wrote:
| On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Jonas Rauch <jonas.rauch at googlemail.com> wrote:
| > I am using the deSolve package successfully and I think it is probably your
| > best option if you want to do things in R.
| > The most widespread solver in C++ is the Sundials Suite as far as I know:
| > https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/sundials/main.html
| > I think someone starting writing an interface to R, but it only covers the
| > really basic functions.
| > Regards,
| > Jonas
|
| Thanks for the suggestion.  Because downloading the Sundials source
| code requires registration I don't think it would be suitable to
| include it in an R package on CRAN.

Tst tst tst: You're loosing your Debian/Ubuntu instincts:

edd at max:~$ wajig search sundials
libsundials-cvode1 - ordinary differentialequation solver (SUNDIALS library)
libsundials-cvodes2 - ODE solver with sensistivity analysis (SUNDIALS library)
libsundials-ida2 - differential-algebraic system solver (SUNDIALS library)
libsundials-idas0 - IDA solver with sensitivity capabilities (SUNDIALS library)
libsundials-kinsol1 - KINSOL solver (SUNDIALS library)
libsundials-nvecserial0 - vector operations library (SUNDIALS library)
libsundials-serial - SUit of Nonlinear and DIfferential/ALgebraic equation Solvers
libsundials-serial-dev - SUNDIALS development files
edd at max:~$

Bingo, another Rcpp project in the making :)

New Rcpp master class for R and C++ integration is scheduled for
San Francisco (Oct 8), more details / reg.info available at
http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/products/training/public/rcpp-master-class.php