[Rcpp-devel] inheritance

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 5 06:14:11 CEST 2011

On 4 October 2011 at 19:53, Richard Downe wrote:
| Since I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment, and I would like to see
| this feature...are there major technical hurdles as to why this has not
| been implemented (e.g., I should just give up and find another way), or
| is it more just a "nobody's gotten around to it because it's good enough
| how it is", where I might be able to change the situation?

"Health warning: Template meta-programming may make your head explode."

It is mostly "just really hard". Try to find the old posts by Romain and go
from there.

We all would like the feature, but it takes some determination so make it
happen. So far Romain has pretty much pushed the Rcpp modules implementation
all by himself.

New Rcpp master class for R and C++ integration is scheduled for
San Francisco (Oct 8), more details / reg.info available at
http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/products/training/public/rcpp-master-class.php