[Rcpp-devel] Installing the C Packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Nov 28 06:35:04 CET 2011

Hi, and welcome!

On 27 November 2011 at 21:12, Maximilian Metti wrote:
| Hello, I recently downloaded the Rcpp package and am having some trouble
| installing the libraries for my C++ code.  Getting this package to work in R
| is fine,

Ok. So far. so good.

| but there's no installation script to install the Rcpp.h library so
| that I can compile my C code.  I'd appreciate if someone could let me know if
| there are any installation instructions for this.

I am confused. And just maybe so are you?  What exactly is it you are trying
to do _with C_ using _Rcpp from the outside_ /

Rcpp is an R package, which provides a richer C++ API on top of an underlying
C API native to R.  That's all.

[ We have other things such as RInside which are related and which allow you
to embed in C++ applications, but that is another story.  We have no pure C
libraries here. ]

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx