[Rcpp-devel] Wrapping copy constructor in rcpp?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 4 16:48:16 CET 2011

On 4 November 2011 at 16:08, Tama Ma wrote:
| Dear Rcpp developers,
|
| 	Maybe my previous email has been ignored. I am asking whether there is a possibility to wrap the copy constructor in a C++ class via Rcpp?

You get a firm "maybe" and even an additional "why not" from me.

I am a little unsure exactly what you are after.  Basic Rcpp functions _all_
have to conform to the .Call()-required interface

     extern "C" SEXP foo(SEXP a, SEXP b)

signature (for a variable number of arguments).

So no ctor or copy ctor here.

So I presume you are talking about Rcpp Modules?  We have some documentation
on what is possible. If you don't see an explicit mention or example or unit
test doing it, then maybe it hasn't been implemented yet.  But this is Open
Source and you have already contributed a patch so you know the drill, right :)

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx