[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo fails on FreeBSD

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 31 21:44:18 CEST 2011

On 31 May 2011 at 09:27, Rainer Hurling wrote:
| Dirk, sorry again for my misunderstanding.

No worries. I do appreciate how you (pretty much single-handedly) try to keep
R and its packages viable on your chosen platform.

| Yes, I also think that
| FreeBSD people could live with this patch.

The patch currently says (and I now include the forward-looking comment :)

/* TODO: we might need to undef this on other platforms as well */
#if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(_WIN64) || defined(__FreeBSD__)
#undef ARMA_HAVE_STD_SNPRINTF
#endif

Would we need additional defines for NetBSD and/or OpenBSD?

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com