[Rcpp-devel] trans() changed in latest RcppArmadillo

Savitsky, Terrance savitsky at rand.org
Mon May 30 21:02:13 CEST 2011

Dr. Sanderson, I've been able to verify that my issue resides in the
inv() function (that I typically apply to small p x p matrices, where p
= 3 - 10).  In particular, the new version/algorithm induces numerical
instability.  I've not yet tested that the results of the inv()
computation are generally accurate, only that they are not numerically
robust in comparison to 0.2.19.  I'm up against a deadline, so I
switched back to 0.2.19, which resolves my problem, for now, but will
provide a reproducible example when finished with my work.

Terrance