[Rcpp-devel] trans() changed in latest RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 30 13:36:20 CEST 2011

On 29 May 2011 at 21:26, Savitsky, Terrance wrote:
| Hello, After upgrading to the 0.2.21 release of RcppArmadillo, my previously
| working code (across many functions) ceased working (on a Windows XP
| installation).  I re-installed the previous version (0.2.20) from CRAN (via a
| server location not yet updated to 0.2.21); didn?t fix it.   The timing may be
| a coincidence, though reading the post on trans() encourages me to make this
| post.  While I use ?trans? across my functions, it is not applied on
| complex-valued matrices; only real-valued.  So the prior post wouldn?t explain
| my issue.

As should be clear from the NEWS file I posted, 0.2.20 and 0.2.21 are both
using pre-releases of Armadillo 2.0.0 --- so you get the 'new' trans() and
other behaviour in both cases. Conrad's 1.99.2 in 0.2.20 brought a lot of
changes.

Hence you want to download 0.2.19 which uses Armadillo 1.2.0.

Actual bug reports with replicable code would help us address any underlying
issues.

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com