[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.2.21 (and 0.2.20)
edd at debian.org
Sat May 28 18:27:54 CEST 2011
Conrad is moving towards a 2.0.0 release of Armadillo. I had integrated a
first non-public beta release 1.99.1 in SVN. This was followed by 1.99.2 a
few days ago leading to 0.2.20 (which I never announced here). Next came a
bug fixer version 1.99.3 which was released by Conrad yesterday. And now
RcppArmadillo 0.2.21 containing Armadillo 1.99.3 was just admitted to CRAN,
and should hit mirrors in due course.
Also of note, 0.2.20 contains an explicit examples/ directory with the vector
autoregression example suggest by Lance Bachmeier and refined by Lance and
myself leading up to last month's Rcpp masterclass.
The NEWS entry is below.
o Upgraded to Armadillo release 1.99.3 "v2.0 beta 3"
* stricter size checking for row and column vectors
* added .count() member function to running_stat and running_stat_vec
o Upgraded to Armadillo release 1.99.2 "v2.0 beta 2" (and 1.99.1 before)
* faster inverse of symmetric matrices
* faster element access for fixed size matrices
* faster multiplication of tiny matrices (eg. 4x4)
* faster compund expressions containing submatrices
* added handling of arbitrarily sized empty matrices (eg. 5x0)
* added syl()
* added strans()
* added symmatu()/symmatl()
* added submatrices of submatrices
* htrans() has been deprecated; use trans() instead
* trans() now takes the complex conjugate when transposing a
* .is_vec() now outputs true for empty matrices
* most functions with matrix inputs no longer throw exceptions when
given empty matrices (eg. 5x0)
o Added a new subdirectory examples/ seeded with a nice Vector
Autoregression simulation simulation example by Lance Bachmeier
o Rewrote armadillo_version as to no longer require an instance
of arma::arma_version, with tanks to Conrad for the suggestion
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
-- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com
More information about the Rcpp-devel